WWE News & Gossip (Sammelthread)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FOX fängt jetzt an SmackDown für Oktober zu bewerben, dann bekommt die Show auch ein neues Logo verpasst.
      Ist nur eine Kleinigkeit, aber mich macht der Klang von "Friday Night SmackDown" mit dem etwas klassischerem Logo ein bisschen sentimental, im positiven Sinne :)

• Kacy Catanzaro Leaves WWE!

Kacy Catanzaro, decorated gymnast and veteran competitor on the TV series American Ninja Warrior, has reportedly left WWE after two years under contract with the promotion.

Casey Michael of Squared Circle Sirens reported the news, and followed by writing on the matter, “From what was told to me Kacy was having an issue with her discs and called it quits. WWE has a no fire rule right now so if someone leaves, it’s because they quit.”

The 29-year-old Catanzaro tried out at the WWE Performance Center in early 2017. In August of that year, it was announced that she had signed with the company, and subsequently reported to the Performance Center the following January.

Catanzaro competed in the 2018 Mae Young Classic, defeating Reina Gonzalez in the first round, before losing to Rhea Ripley in the second.

As a guest entrant in the 2019 Women’s Royal Rumble match, she turned many heads with her avoidance of elimination, achieved by walking in a handstand to the ringpost, wrapping her legs around it, and executing a sit-up in order to get back into the match.

Catanzaro’s most recent match came on July 19, where she and Lacey Lane defeated Marina Shafir and Taynara Conti at an NXT live event in Tampa.
    • Ich fand eigentlich, dass das mal höchste Zeit wurde. Sie haben es nie richtig hinbekommen sie als den Top Babyface zu präsentieren, wie sie es in NXT war. Und ich fand schon immer dass sie so leichte Züge der Arroganz und Hochnäsigkeit richtig gut rüberbringen konnte, wenn sie wollte. Glaub, sie kann ein richtig guter Heel sein, das Timing ist allerdings höchst fragwürdig mit dem kommenden Match gegen Charlotte, das ist wahr 8|

Sehr Schade auch das mit Kacy Catanzaro, aber scheinbar ist die Rückenverletzung so schlimm, dass eine weitere Wrestlingkarriere wohl ziemlich kompliziert wäre :/

Triple H hat sich auch noch mal zur kommenden NXT Expansion und Vince McMahons Einfluss drauf geäußert:

Let’s be honest, there’s a lot of things people like Dave say that don’t make sense. Because they don’t approach things from a business standpoint. Put it this way: we’re going to be live on Mondays, we’re going to be live on Wednesdays, we’re going to be live on Fridays. There’s so much bandwidth to go [around] it’s just funny the small-mindedness of it that people don’t give Vince McMahon the credit for being the businessman that he is.
      The speculation and rumours and it’s easy when people leave or they go they’re own way to just jump onto speculation and rumours and a lot of it, that’s just what it is.

If you’re asking the simple term in answers? He’s not involved. Yeah, he’s going to have some say in some things as far as where the brand sits and the marketing of it within USA and all that stuff and clearly, whatever he wants to do at the end of the day also, but truth is at this point in time he has basically just said ‘go and make this thing a success’.It’s what he told me in the beginning ‘go make this thing a success’ and, you know, we pick up the phone every now and then and we see each other all the time but it’s like ‘how’s it going? going good? excellent’. and we move on. But those who want to speculate on it, it’s craziness. A lot of it is silliness.

If you love NXT, it’s just going to get bigger. There’s going to be more of it. Two hours gives us more opportunity – I look at the roster here and the talent pool I have and I said it yesterday on the call, I wouldn’t trade our roster. There’s nobody out there I’m like ‘Ooo, man, if I could have that’ – nobody. I don’t care who that is and they can make claims to being the greatest in the world with their four matches a year that are good, great. I wouldn’t trade you. That’s just my opinion. I’m not saying whether that’s right or wrong, I’m just saying that’s what it is. I’ll put our roster up against anybody.
    • Hm, also das kann ich nicht bestätigen. Ich fand sie sehr souverän bei ihrer Promo und was sie sagte hatte Hand und Fuß. Ich weiß nicht was Leute da für Promos auf Oscar Niveau erwarten teilweise. Das war so völlig in Ordnung.
    • Another WWE draft will be taking place in five weeks!

As noted in a recent Observer about some roster changes with the SmackDown move to FOX and the company wanting to go back to talent exclusivity on each brand, WWE has tentatively decided on dates for two new draft shows.

The draft will start on the SmackDown episode in Las Vegas on Friday, October 11, as a way to try and maintain the expected big audience of the FOX premiere one week earlier.

The Raw draft will then take place on Monday, October 14 in Denver.

This is part of a series of moves that will be made to freshen up both shows both with talent and in other ways during October.

SmackDown debuts on FOX on Friday, October 4. The show is taking place in Los Angeles, with the theme of it being SmackDown's 20th anniversary celebration. Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Lita, Mick Foley, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Trish Stratus, Goldberg, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mark Henry, Ric Flair, and Sting are advertised for the premiere episode.
    • Na ich bin ja gespannt...
      Ich hoffe sie nehmen den "Split" dann auch mal wieder genauer. Es hat ja wirklich kein Schwein mehr den Überblick, wer eigentlich bei welchem Brand ist.
    • Große Veränderung im WWE Creative Team:

- Wie Dave Meltzer berichtet, hat die WWE zwei große Änderungen im WWE Creative Team durchgeführt. So wurde Ryan Ward, der bisher als Head Writer von SmackDown Live arbeitete, in den unbefristeten Urlaub geschickt. Offiziell ist er allerdings in den Flitterwochen. Man hörte bereits seit vielen Wochen, dass Vince McMahon mit seiner Arbeit nicht zufrieden war und die SmackDown Live Scripte teilweise noch Stunden vor den Shows komplett umschrieb. Wards Platz wird nun Ed Koskey übernehmen, der zuletzt als Head Writer bei Monday Night RAW fungierte und bereits seit 18 Jahren für die Firma arbeitet. Koskey soll nach Angaben zukünftig eng mit SmackDown Executive Director Eric Bischoff zusammenarbeiten.
      Auf Seiten von Monday Night RAW übernimmt Jonathan Baeckstrom den Platz des Head Writers, der seit 2016 für 205 Live verantwortlich war. RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman hatte ihn bereits zu RAW gelotst, als dieser sein Amt übernahm und wird zukünftig mit ihm die Shows zusammen schreiben.

Scarlett Bordeaux mit Tryout im Performance Center:

Das ehemalige Impact Wrestling Knockout Scarlett Bordeaux soll laut Squared Circle Sirens kürzlich an einem Tryout im WWE Performance Center teilgenommen haben.
      Sie wurde im Juni von Impact entlassen und trat seitdem bei AAA an der Seite ihres Lebensgefährten Killer Kross auf. Dies könnte ein Indikator sein, dass man sie zukünftig in der WWE sehen könnte, vorallem da sie optisch den Geschmack von Vince McMahon treffen soll.

NXT Teil des WWE Drafts?

Laut Brad Shepard von ProSportsExtra soll der kommende WWE Draft, bei dem auch die Wild Card Regel endlich abgeschafft werden soll, kommenden Monat stattfinden. Nun soll allerdings auch NXT Teil dieses Drafts werden und diesen sogar am 09. Oktober eröffnen. Dies wäre ein schlauer Schachzug Seitens Vince McMahons, um Zuschauer dazu zu bringen NXT einzuschalten, um zu sehen, wer dort debütieren könnte.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bill Goldberg ().

• Ric Flair verklagt die WWE wegen der Benutzung von "The Man"

Ric Flair hat die WWE nun verklagt, einige Wochen nachdem er begonnen hat sich den Slogan "The Man" rechtlich schützen zu lassen. Dies kam vorallem bei seiner Tochter scheinbar weniger gut an, doch Ric Flair erklärte sich nun kürzlich TMZ gegenüber wie folgt:

"I'm glad that I'm having this opportunity to clear the air. When I first saw this ['The Man' Becky Lynch] thing go down in August 2018, I thought, 'Cool, 'The Man' - my gimmick - versus my daughter, Charlotte.' Okay, that's the day it started, right after SummerSlam. I thought, cool. I said, 'I'm going to make some money; it's my trademark and they have it to use.' I've been saying it's [been mine] since 1981," Ric explained. "So I got my worded statement, I sent [WWE's lawyer] a text and the lawyer, who just has no respect for me whatsoever which is something I'm not going to deal with much longer, he said, 'You're wrong. It's not even close.' I said, 'It's not even close?' So, boom, I sent him another text, he didn't respond. So I had my lawyer call him and he blew off my lawyer. This is all in 2018 or in January of '19."
      Flair also mentioned how his daughter, Charlotte Flair, has been upset with him during this process. He hopes that his daughter and people alike will understand that the decision was centered around providing for his family.
      "I told Hunter, 'Hunter, I'm going to file.' I mean, the reason they don't have [the trademark for 'The Man'], it's my understanding that it's because it's too close to mine... I told Hunter, 'Hey, if push comes to shove, I'm going to file for it.' I mean, I get it, but here's the deal: I love Becky Lynch, and no one has supported the women's division more than me as an outsider. As a matter of fact, I told the guys that I would have texted Becky last night and Sasha, but I'm sure Becky - I don't know what the WWE's spin has been to her. They stole it last night," Flair explained.
      "It's funny, my daughter is so mad at me because I filed, not even understanding that it's not Becky. I have no beef with Becky. But here's the deal: when I almost died two years ago, one person stayed by me the whole time for 31 days in ICU, 12 days while I was dying on a respirator, and I'm going to take care of her and her family, and my family that has taken care of me, no matter what. I don't care what the WWE thinks of me personally; I know they love me, but obviously they have lost respect for me," Ric continued. "If I don't win, and even if I won, Becky can have [The Man] all day long. I'm glad! But I want the company to pay me for it because I'm going to take care of my family. I am going to be 'The Man', and if I don't get it, you know what my tombstone will say? 'He died trying to be The Man'."
      Lynch did eventually catch wind of Ric's trademark filing, and she commented on Twitter, "I am The Man."
      Flair has since responded, tweeting out, "To Be The Man, You Gotta Beat THE MAN! #AlreadyTrademarked"

• Wie WWE.com bekannt gab, werden die ersten 2 Live Episoden von NXT am 18. und 25. September aufgeteilt. So wird die erste Stunde Live auf dem USA Network zu sehen sein, während die zweite Stunde direkt im Anschluss auf dem WWE Network streamt.
      Ab dem 02. Oktober (was gleichermaßen auch das Debütdatum für AEW's Weekly Show ist), wird es dann beide Stunden Live auf dem USA Network geben.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bill Goldberg ().

• Also same old, same old :rolleyes: :D
      Monday Night RAW ist ja auch für Show of the Year bei den Peoples Choice Awards nominiert, neben Giganten wie Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Greys Anatomy, Stranger Things, Big Bang Theory etc.. Wen sie da wohl für geschmiert haben... :rofl:
    • New

Ab dem Royal Rumble 2020 werden scheinbar keine NXT TakeOver Events mehr am selben Wochenende wie WWE PPVs stattfinden. Zumindest bietet die WWE keine Reisepakete mehr an, die NXT TakeOver mit beinhalten. Die WWE hat sich mittlerweile dazu geäußert und mitgeteilt, dass die Pläne für NXT TakeOver Events ab 2020 in naher Zukunft bekannt gemacht werden.